In 1948, Laurence Sylvester and Harold Amiel founded the law firm of Sylvester Amiel in Gloucester Place, London, W1. Following Harold Amiel’s death, his brother Barry Amiel joined the partnership.
In 1973, Bruce Lewin, who trained at Sylvester Amiel, re-joined following Laurence Sylvester’s retirement, becoming a Partner shortly thereafter. Jonathan Horne joined the Firm in 1980 and became a Partner in 1982.
The Firm changed its name to Sylvester Amiel Lewin & Horne in 1994.
In early 1995, the Firm left its West End roots and relocated to its current offices in North Finchley where it has remained ever since.
Despite leaving Central London and the West End, Sylvester Amiel Lewin & Horne LLP has retained its highly professional attitude and areas of expertise whilst continuing to offer a hands-on approach to legal matters, with ever increasing presence in areas outside its core Commercial & Residential Property work as the Firm expanded.
Although Bruce Lewin retired from practice in August 2018, Jonathan Horne remains at Sylvester Amiel Lewin & Horne LLP as its Managing Partner. He is joined in the Partnership by Adam Arnold and Max Eagle, both of whom were promoted to partner in 2017.